3345 Resource Parkway
DeKalb, IL 60115
Owned and managed by the Housing Authority of the County of DeKalb, Briarwood Apartments was built in 1994 as affordable housing. Briarwood Apartments consists of 48 apartments in 6 buildings – 16 one bedroom apartments, 24 two bedroom apartments and 8 three bedroom apartments. Briarwood Apartments was built and maintains as affordable housing with income guidelines and remains consistent with the Housing Authority’s mission of providing safe, decent and affordable housing opportunities. Briarwood Apartments accepts Housing Choice Vouchers participants.
Briarwood Apartments offers 1, 2, and 3 bedroom apartments and is located in the Northeast corner of DeKalb, close to shopping, banks, restaurants, health services, Kishwaukee YMCA.
- 24×7 Emergency Maintenance Service
- Onsite Manager’s Office
- Onsite Laundry with Coin-operated Washers and Dryers
- Laundry hookups in each of the apartments
- Individual High Efficiency Natural Gas Heat and Central Air Conditioning
- Individual Hot Water Heater
- Modern Kitchen – featuring frost-free refrigerator with ice maker, dishwasher, and garbage disposal
- Each Apartment has a Balcony or a Bay Window
- Carport assigned to each Apartment
- Water, Sewer, & Garbage Paid by HACD
- Certain Pets Welcome with Deposit
- Smoke Free effective June 1, 2014
Ample parking for residents and visitors
Public Transit: Bus
To Apply for Briarwood Apartments
Briarwood Application: Print and complete the Briarwood Application Effective 10/2021. Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or dropped off at the onsite manager’s office.
Contact the office at Briarwood Apartments at 815-758-2960 or the Central Office at 815-758-2692 with questions or comments.
Effective July 1, 2021 Briarwood Apartments contract rents are as follows:
1 bedroom – $675
2 bedroom – $800
3 bedroom – $1,025
If you signed a lease prior to July 1, 2021, the contract rents above will be effective at your 2022 lease renewal.